Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Girl Afraid/ Great Expectations

I haven't been very good at updating my blog. It's not that I'm busy or anything please, I'm far from it. I mean all-- I've really done is watch weird movies on the Sundance Channel and catch up on my recordings. My friendship with the dvr has grown fonder each and everyday. It's gone to the point where I had to get outta there and change my environment. I don't know if it was due to all the pillows that I've ruined by throwing at the TV or my late night gab fests with myself. Well whatever it was, I just needed to take a break and learn how to write to myself, without the inconveniences of having to announce it to the world, "why my my life sucks stories". Some things are better left unsaid or unheard of anyways, I just recently found my old Nikon. I gave up on it a number of years before I started high school, I dropped it about what seems a hundred and ten-times. I always resented my mother for getting me a Nikon when I asked for a Canon. Now its just seems so trivial of me to get mad over the wrong brand because its actually not that bad. I just re-wired a few of the setting and shutter options and it's, pretty alright.  so heres a look see at a few of the many selfies I took countless of tymez.

I remember being 14 and completely clueless on how life works and where I was going. I was expecting a summer filled with fireworks, late-night drive seshs, sleeping over at peoples houses, romances, new experiences, and fun lazy days to top off hot nights but like everything else, I've romanticized, underneath all the pretty filters, was reality and boy was "she" not having any of it. I spent all my weekends at my cousins house in Inglewood.  Yes, my getaway place from my getaway place was located in the heart of the hood, a block away from the dmv and the meanest thugs that t
here can be but also the home of some of the nicest, heartwarming homes. I've been into, although I couldn't find the really good pictures (there on myspace) here are a few that
 resonated with me.


 (Thanks-giving spent most of it "fixing myself up".... lol no one showed up.)
                                       (Bang-a-rang... ahaha this is actually recent,I totally screwed up my hair with a pair of kid scissors, thanks fisher price.)




                                  (Latest obsession: Candles! I told ya'll, I don't play, I really do romanticize      everything and noope not some dainty hopelessly in lurve song was the cause of this it was actually, The Dirty Heads:)
                                         (Venice, califori.N.I.A)
                                         (Oh twas, I a pensive thinker)
 (My so-called "photography" kid learns how to focus on things and automatically becomes a pro.)
      My cousin, here I was creating themes "for shoots" this one is pretty self explanatory. E-L-V-I-S
                                           Sunset in July
                                         Masquerade quince.That's me on the left side passing my cousin by. You can tell by my oh-so rebellious Enid Coleslaw inspired loch-ness monster colored hues. SO punk! smh

                                      Another poorly last-minute costume.
                                          OC fair
                                     Back before Amy wasn't my maain, Aracely was. A pinup shoot right next to a nicely decorated trash can... ahhh those were the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment